Brazilian Journalism Research
Call for paper – Volume 4, number 1, 2008
Deadline: february 15th. 2008
The journal Brazilian Journalism Research is now announcing a call for paper for its next issue, to be printed during Semester I, 2008. The deadline is february 15th, 2008. Brazilian Journalism Research is a semi-annual scientific journal published by the Brazilian Journalism Researchers Association (SBPJor). For further information about SBPJor, please visit our website. The association is dedicated to theory and research on journalism (both theoretical and empirical work). The journal is totally edited in English.
Schedule for Vol IV, number 1
Call for paper ends: February 15rst 2008
Editorial decisions: March 31rst 2008
Editing and printing: April 2008
1. Articles: Preference will be assigned to articles describing empirical research reports. The articles should be originals in the English language. Authors should send a copy of the manuscript of the article (about 7.000 words), labeled and typed in double space throughout to the following electronic addresses by february 15th, 2008: editorclaudiaquadro email@example.com and tattianat@gmail. com. Please send a separate page containing the title of the article, name and identification of the author.
Each article’s manuscript should contain:
In a separate page, please type title, subtitle, full name(s) of the author(s) with current affiliation( s) and full regular mail and electronic mail address(es);
– authors should also list five key-words and an abstract of 100-150 words;
– a short (up to 5 lines) biographical note should also be supplied on a separate sheet.
Main text (in separate pages): about 7000 words clearly organized, with a clear hierarchy of headings and subheadings; please, use a clear readable style;
– references in both text and notes should be cited in the text (author, date, page)
– footnotes should be displayed at the bottom of the page;
– tables, figures, photos and illustrations should have a good range of contrast; they should also be numbered consecutively and must be clearly identified;
– an alphabetical reference section should follow the text; please, use Harvard style;
– permissions from copyright holders: authors are responsible for
obtaining permissions from copyright holders for reproducing any quotation,
illustration or photo previously published elsewhere;
Please send articles to Claudia Quadros (editorclaudiaquadro firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tattiana Teixeira (tattianat@gmail. com)
2) Book reviews: the journal will include a section in which relevant books are reviewed; manuscripts in clear readable style should have up to 1000 words.
Please send book reviews originals to Sonia Moreira (soniavm@terra. com.br) and Iluska Coutinho (email@example.com. br).
Deadline: February 15th. 2008 – Please send one copy of your paper to each of the two eletronic adresses: claudia.quadros@ utp.br and firstname.lastname@example.org